PR News Platinum PR Awards 2023 Finalist:
– Legislative & Regulatory Relations
– Media Relations Campaign: Non-Profit
What do Mean Girls’ Aaron Samuels, drag star Shangela, controversial performer Todrick Hall, AT&T and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis all have in common with GreenRoom? Each were involved in Miami Beach Pride’s 15th anniversary. As the agency of record at a time when legislative attacks were coming for the LGBT community in Florida, our objective was to further the non-profit’s narrative in a way that would not only celebrate the community but also give voice to the issues it faces today with a two-phased approach.
Securing media sponsorships and leveraging new media to further our message and reach via the outlet’s email marketing, while also securing interviews for the talent and grand marshals.
- By adding in the Equal Pride Media titles (Out, The Advocate, Pride, Out Traveler, Plus, Advocate Channel) the agency secured interviews for talent before the programming kicked off to generate buzz about the upcoming 15th
- Gay Times UK not only appealed to a large audience in Europe but also has a considerable Instagram audience of 1.5 million followers that provided additional visibility opportunities with content.
- NBC Miami has been a supporter for many years and not only offered added broadcast opportunities, but also gave us access for local anchors to appear on the stages as hosts throughout the weekend.
- Miami New Times is a widely-followed local news source that has a robust email marketing list which we were able to leverage for our ticketed events to encourage sell-through and gave them the ability to offering our VIP package giveaways in their email marketing .
- Several local LGBT titles that serve a more niche and highly local audience in Miami-Dade and Broward counties.
- Instagram Live: We hosted a virtual chat with our activism grand marshal, Jazzmun, and a board member who are both women of trans experience to have an authentic and insightful conversation.
- Podcasts: Seeking like-minded and far-reaching exposure, we secured segments on Homphilia with current Editor-at-Large of Esquire magazine, Dave Holmes and his co-host Matt McConkey. We also had segments on the popular show Bitch Sesh with Danielle Schneider and Casey Wilson as well as the Deep Dive with Jessica St. Clair and June Diane Raphael.
A mix of fluidity and fearlessness with the execution of the messaging while responding in real-time to marquee media inquiries regarding the harmful bills getting introduced. In the span of one week media briefed included:
- The New York Times
- TIME Magazine
- USA Today
- CBS Miami
- NBC Miami
- FOX Miami
- PBS Miami
- Miami New Times
Attendance to Pride broke the pre-pandemic records of more than 170,000 people showing up to the events that lasted just over 2 weeks and culminated in the festival and parade weekend.
The USA Today piece syndicated across the state making our position on the legislation abundantly clear.
The agency coordinated a segment on the popular entertainment show, Deco Drive to spur attendance to the festival.
With Homophilia having roughly 80,000 downloads per week, the Deep Drive enjoying 45,000 downloads and BitchSesh boasting more than 175,000 downloads, Miami Beach Pride had exceptional coverage within the podcast medium without spending any additional marketing budget.
In 30 days, Miami Beach Pride was mentioned 122 times across all broadcast networks reaching a household audience of 3,001,986 and boasting a comparative ad value of $900,224. Within the same timeframe the non-profit was covered online 339 times to an international audience of 633,462,159 with a publicity value of $7,267,454.
Comparing the media stats from 2022, we reached 300,000 additional homes via broadcast channels and had a 34% increase in the number of published online press!
About GreenRoom Agency
Located in the heart of downtown Miami with expansive views of Biscayne Bay, GreenRoom is an award-winning, full-service public relations, digital and creative agency. Serving clients around the world, we seek innovative consumer products that have compelling stories and pride ourselves on delivering needle-moving results. For more information, please visit www.grnrm.com.
Interested in learning more about how GreenRoom can help your company meet and exceed your business goals?
Contact us so we can talk shop. Contact info: Email: [email protected]; phone: (305) 347-1787.