https://secureservercdn.net/220.127.116.11/jv0.4c7.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/GreenRoom-Logo-Final.png 0 0 Danielle Clarke https://secureservercdn.net/18.104.22.168/jv0.4c7.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/GreenRoom-Logo-Final.png Danielle Clarke2014-10-30 14:39:522014-10-30 14:39:52Increasing Kickstarter Campaign Awareness with Social Media
One of the key components missing from most brands Kickstarter campaigns is a fully integrated social media campaign. In order to avoid losing out on these opportunities use these checklist items to help your social media strategy stay on course.
- Amplify messaging about the campaign utilizing all social channels! Are you promoting your campaign on every social platform at your disposal?
- Curate engaging and fun content: fun taglines, user generated content and real time photos. Keeping your audience engaged and your content shareable can help expose your campaign to new potential backers.
- Your content should be consistent and timely. Social media gives you the opportunity to tell a story. Use daily posts as a portal of insight to make fans feel like they are taking the journey with your brand. You’ll find this can lead to an increase in backers.
- Use your social media channels to highlight your team (behind the scenes photos). People want to know who they are helping. An emotional bond will help boost brand affinity.
- Tweet a lot & remember that it’s ok to repeat a tweet. Most fans may have missed the tweet the first time around.
- Real time engagement is very important. Jump into relevant conversations and introduce your campaign to new eyes.
- Submit your Kickstarter campaign to sites and Twitter handles that promote ongoing campaigns
- Add CTA’s (Call to Actions). People need to be told what you need them to do with your content.
- Introduce extra incentives to encourage backers to share that they’ve contributed to your campaign with their audience.
- Feature backers on social channels. You can create an entire campaign highlighting your social backers.
- Create short Facebook, vine or Instagram video content featuring the products. Video is just another tool in your social media tool belt to help you reach potential backers.
- Reach out and connect with influencers on relevant social channels to introduce them to your product and potentially support & promote your campaign.
- Host mini contests outside of the Kickstarter to get fans ramped up. The contests should encourage them to Share, Retweet, Like, Comment and Favorite for chances to win relevant prizes.
- Give fans weekly-daily updates to let them know how close you are to reaching the goal. A visual is even better to include.